Financial Advisors, How Are You Generating & Educating Leads?
Educate them about what, you may be thinking. Well, consider this, many businesses focus solely on attracting new customers, but you NEED to spend a good chunk of your time retaining current and former customers.
These are people you already know to be a good sales potential…they’ve already bought from you!
Take the time to market and sell new products to your old customers and less time trying to sell old products to new customers and you will see a drastic change in your sales, customer quality, and branding position.
In the Financial Firms I have been with, we always talked about how the Financial Advisors needed to become better miners than they were prospectors.
Here are a couple of key elements to use to retain your current customers:
- Stay in contact: This means by phone, email, e-newsletter, in person-by pigeon if you have too! You know the truth, some time ago you stopped doing what produced results earlier in your career.
- Post-Purchase Assurance: This means you need to follow up with customers. Your customers need to feel like they are being supported for their purchase and with the item they purchased. How many times have you purchased a product, then felt completely abandoned? Something as simple as a Thank You note with your contact or customer service information can go along way in retaining a great customer.
- Special Offers: Always offer your current customers the best deals and special offers you have. Show them you appreciate their business or even come up with a club specifically to reward loyal customers. Have you heard about the strategy of creating your own personal Client Advisory Board? In my coaching, I have helped hundreds of financial advisors with this, and I can help you too.
- Integrity: Using good business practices and simply upholding integrity, dignity and honesty go along way with customers. Let’s face it, there’s a lot of noise out there and the safer and more confident you make your customers feel, the more they will trust you and that makes for an amazingly supportive and loyal customer.
There are three cornerstone ideas to a successful business:
- Quality product/service
- Offering useful products/services that solve a problem for or enhance the life of a customer
- Offer subjects your customers find interesting and stay on contact consistently
Use this approach of educating your customers and offering them real information and insight and you will be rewarded with loyalty and success.
In other words, stop wasting all your time on new prospects while your current customers fall by the wayside!
As Jay Abraham says, “Your best prospects are your existing customers. If you’ve been putting all your marketing efforts into acquiring new customers, stop and diverts some of your resources into reselling, upselling, cross-selling to those same customers. In every way possible – through package inserts, regular mailings, special offers – stay in touch with those customers and get them used to coming to you.”
So, there it is! Jimbere Business Academy can help you put together the resources and tools to do exactly that. We can help you educate your customers and you can watch the benefits pay offer many-fold.
With over 17 years in Financial Services, I am uniquely positioned to support your performance efforts.
Coaching is NEVER an expense. It’s one of the smartest investments any small business owner will ever make when it comes to building a successful business.
In other words, partner with a proven professional in your business.
Jennifer Jimbere is an entrepreneur, International best-selling co-author in the Dream Boldly I Dare You Series. World Class Coach and Business Consultant. A recognized authority on the psychology of performance, negotiations and organizational turnaround. She has served as an advisor to thousands of individuals and organizations around the world for more than 20 years. Jennifer has also been named Influence Magazine 100 Authority.