One of the keys to success in life is to build an abundance mindset. This can be a challenge for many of us as we may have been told early on that there isn’t enough of most things to go around and you have to be competitive to get ahead. Unfortunately, these beliefs keep us stuck in a world of scarcity, leaving us unable to feel genuine happiness.
In his book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”, author Stephen Covey explains how life can change when you move from a mindset of scarcity to one of abundance. Those who live in a mindset of scarcity find it difficult to share recognition and find it hard to be genuinely happy for the success of other people. Those who live in a mindset of abundance can easily share prestige and recognition, thereby opening the door to unlimited possibilities.
So, what can we do to start living in a mindset of abundance and be the kind of leaders that produce winning teams? There are certainly some specific strategies that can help you develop your skills and positively influence your team.
- Show Appreciation – Let people know that you appreciate them and value their contributions. By feeling like they matter, they will give more than expected and you will have led them into a mindset of abundance.
- See The Opportunities – Do you have a 90-second solution scorecard? By inviting your team to think through an issue when it arises and move to a solution quickly, you help them see it as an opportunity. The next time they are faced with an obstacle, turn it around and consider it an opportunity. I have shared this scorecard with many professionals and it has helped them. Email me to gain access to this at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There Is More Than Enough – As Covey says, there is enough pie to go around, so break that nasty habit of comparing yourself to others. Repeat after me: “There is plenty for everyone”. If you say the sentence often enough it will help shape your abundant mindset.
- The Company You Keep Matters – Mindsets are contagious. You want to be around people who aren’t concerned about whether the glass is half full or not. You want to be around those who went ahead and drank it!
- Reflection Is Key – Gratitude is a powerful aspect of an abundant mindset. To see more information like this, visit my business Facebook page for daily content to support your efforts.
- Give More – Abundance will increase and flow when you give. Giving to a worthy cause, even when we are busy fosters an abundance-minded culture. As Robin S. Sharma says, “A little bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses.” Encourage those around you to see the abundant possibilities around them. Express gratitude on a daily basis and journal once a week about all that was amazing in your life. Soon you will live in a mindset where your positive outlook will spill over and influence the people around you.
Do you feel like you need an abundance boost? Find out how to partner in possibility and leverage practices from the science of well-being, reach out today.
Maintain momentum and make it a great day!
Jennifer Jimbere is an entrepreneur, International best-selling co-author in the Dream Boldly I Dare You Series. World Class Coach and Business Consultant. A recognized authority on the psychology of performance, negotiations and organizational turnaround. She has served as an advisor to thousands of individuals and organizations around the world for more than 20 years. Jennifer has also recently been named Influence Magazine 100 Authority.