Mastermind groups are relatively new to most people, even though Napoleon Hill created the concept around 75 years ago with his book, Think and Grow Rich. A mastermind group is designed to help you navigate through challenges using the collective intelligence of others.
How does a mastermind work? A group of smart people meet monthly, to tackle challenges and problems together. They lean on each other, give advice, share connections and do business with each other when appropriate. It’s very much peer-to-peer mentoring and if you are lucky enough to get invited to one, you will most likely see a marked change in yourself and your business.
Here are 7 reasons why a mastermind might be right for you:
1. You’ll be part of an exclusive community with 10 women at a Power Table. The other members need you just as much as you need them, so quality of experience and knowledge is crucial to all involved.
2. Collaboration is the name of the game. You may find someone in the group that is a perfect fit to work on a project with you. Or, you may be the perfect person to help another member as well. The group works together collaboratively, to achieve more together.
3. Extend your network. Joining a mastermind expands your network exponentially and rapidly. If you are in business, you know how important your network is. By joining a mastermind, you instantly add to your network and typically gain the networks of those in the group with you.
4. Advisement. Once you are involved in a mastermind, that feeling of “being alone” while running your business is gone. The other members of the group turn into business advisors of sorts and vice versa.
5. New learning. Everyone in the mastermind is unique in skill, experience and connections. By interacting and sharing your challenges, it’s almost certain that someone in your mastermind will have a solution for you and you may also be able to offer a solution, connection or tactic to help another in the group.
6. Cross-promotion. When you join a mastermind, you will most likely find ways to help each other by utilizing cross promotion. Finding ways to help each other through promoting to your respective networks.
7. Expand your possibilities. Being in a mastermind will truly give you a Master Mind! You can’t help but think bigger and stretch beyond your boundaries when surrounded by amazing people doing amazing things. I credit high-level coaching and mentorship for giving me the clarity, confidence, necessary business structures and mindset to make this shift so quickly. And now I offer this high-level support to you.
Your seat is waiting.
Masterminds are incredible and can do wonders for your business as well as for you, personally. Growing in a group is not only more effective, it’s quite a bit more fun!
This is an exclusive passport and only for women who:
► Are high-performing and are giving themselves permission to not know everything
► Are willing to give their gifts, insights and strengths to continue to have a positive impact
► See feedback as a gift and are open to “hearing” what others have to say
► Value continuous development and are ready to step up into the greatest version of themselves
Jennifer Jimbere is the President of Jimbere Coaching and Consulting. Offering a free resource for female entrepreneurs looking to unleash strengths and maximize performance; an email series on Avoiding the Mistakes in the Whirlwind of Your Business. You can follow her on Twitter at @jenniferjimbere or @radjoyseeking.
Maintain momentum and make it a great day!
Image credit and artist: LA artist and old friend Jennifer Verge
Inspired by: My email sign off:)